How can I verify my domain name for use with Office 365?
Before a domain name can be added to an Office 365 solution, Microsoft must ensure that you are the owner of the domain name. To do this, Microsoft will ask you to add a TXT-record to your domain name. This proves that you have control over the domain name and as such are the owner.
The TXT-record will be similair to this:
MS=ms31574586 (the exact number changes per client)
Configure using Office 365-wizard
Nomeo's Office 365-wizard enables you to change your domain settings automatically. All you have to do is enter the unique Microsoft code.
- Log on to mijn.nomeo.be
- Go to "Domain names" and select the "details" button for the domain which you wish to configure.
- Open the tab "Web & Mail".
- Run the Office 365-wizard and follow the given instructions.
- Within a few seconds all records are added.
To add the TXT-record, please use the following instructions:
- Log on to mijn.nomeo.be.
- Go to "Domain names" and select the "details" button for the domain name which you wish to configure.
- Open the "Advanced" tab.
- Scroll down to find the TXT-records section.
- Select "Add new TXT record"
- Leave the "name" field blank.
- Enter the number received in to the "data" field, e.g. MS=ms31574586.
- Select "Save".
The changes will be activated immediately. It can however take 15 to 60 minutes for this information to be visible worldwide. As such, it can also take up to an hour before the Office 365 site will be able to process your verification. Consult the Microsoft Help for further instructions to continue setting up Office365.